Welwyn Hatfield LibDems are celebrating after the Borough Council elections on 5th May, having gained three new seats and achieved a "clean sweep" in Welham Green and South Hatfield.
LibDem group leader Malcolm Cowan said "these are great results, for us and for the people of Welwyn Hatfield. They are a new high water mark for us as a party - for the first time we have all 3 councillors in one ward, and give us the base to critically examine how the borough is being run from an environmental, planning and financial background. We have got young dynamic councillors coming in with professional skills.
"The old council plan of give the work to a private provider and just watch the savings come through is not enough - we need proper monitoring and performance."
Malcolm also pointed to the 7am final result and asked "Is this the best we can do? The results seem to get later every year. I shall be asking questions."
The elected Liberal Democrat Councillors are:
- Malcolm Cowan - Peartree
- Rachel Basch - Handside
- Tom Bailey - Welham Green & Hatfield South
- Helen Quenet - Welham Green & Hatfield South
- Paul Zukowskyj - Welham Green & Hatfield South
The councillors are members of the following committees:
- Environment Overview and Scrutiny Committee - Helen Quenet
- Resources Overview and Scrutiny Committee - Tom Bailey
- Social Overview and Scrutiny Committee - Tom Bailey
- Cabinet Housing and Planning Panel - Malcolm Cowan
- Development Management Committee - Rachel Basch, Paul Zukowskyj
- WGC Estates Management Appeals Panel - Malcolm Cowan
- Standards Committee - Paul Zukowskyj
- Audit Committee - Helen Quenet
- Appeals Committee - Helen Quenet
- Splashlands Procurement Board - Rachel Basch
- Member Development Group - Helen Quenet